• New Student Registration Instructions 

    All registration for enrollment in Arab City Schools is done in the ACS District Registrar’s office at Arab High School. Office hours are 8:00 a.m-3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. 

    The following items are needed for enrollment: 

    • Picture ID of the parent/legal guardian enrolling the student 
    • Proof of residence (signed lease, deed, mortgage, most recent utility bill addressed to the parent/guardian at the residence, or the order to turn on utilities) 
    • Original State of Alabama Certificate of Immunization form. Please ensure the immunization form is current and not expired. Immunization forms with handwritten dates will not be accepted.
    • Copy of the student’s birth certificate 
    • Copy of the student’s Social Security card (optional)
    • Complete address of the previous school attended 
    • Last report card and official withdrawal form from the previous school, if applicable
    • Special education records or 504 paperwork, if applicable 
    • Legal documentation establishing custody or guardianship, if applicable 

    Arab City Schools System forms to be completed:

    • Registration form
    • Home Language Survey
    • Free/reduced lunch application
    • McKinney-Vento Act form 
    • ALSDE Employment Survey 
    • Health form 
    • Media Consent Form
    • Notification of Emergency or Illness Form

    These forms are available on the Arab City Schools website (www.arabcityschools.org) under the Parents tab.


    If the student resides with anyone other than the legal parent/guardian, additional paperwork may be required. Out-of-district students will be accepted on a space available basis and in compliance with Arab City Schools Board Policy JBCB. 

    Nonresident Fee

    All new students who reside outside the Arab City Schools attendance zone will be charged an annual nonresident fee. The first child will be charged $500/year. The second child will be $300/year. The third child will be $200/year. There will be no additional nonresident fees for any subsequent children beyond the third child from the same nonresident family. 

    Homeless Students

    Enrollment of students who are considered homeless will comply with the McKinney-Vento Act. 

    Home School or Private School Transfers

    Students who enroll from home school or private school may be assessed to make a grade placement determination.